The Pennsylvania Voluntary Rescue Service Recognition (VRSR) Program was prepared by stakeholders including The Office of the State Fire Commissioner, The Bureau of EMS from The Pennsylvania Department of Health, The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency, the Rescue Task Force of the Pennsylvania Emergency Health Services Council (PEHSC), and the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission.
It is the intent of this portion of the program to recognize emergency service organizations in swiftwater rescue. This document not only takes into account the equipment and rescue hardware requirements of swiftwater rescue, but includes minimum manpower, training and education requirements.
The Voluntary Rescue Service Recognition (VRSR) program is intended to provide guidance and to develop recommendations for Pennsylvania swiftwater/flood evacuation including, but not limited to:
This guidance is supported by NPFA standards 1006 and 1670.
- Organizational development.
- Resource Identification and Categorization.
- Training and Equipment.
- Develop recommendations for staffing, training and equipment based on applicable standards.
When applying you will need to:
- Complete the VRSR Application
- Read and submit all required documents as noted in the General Administrative Guidelines as this document applies to all levels offered
- Read and submit all required documents as noted in the Guidelines for the specific discipline applying for.